- n understanding and entering into another's feelings
- The kind of empathy that I feel for people is the kind of empathy I feel for chimpanzees.
- Like other emotional skills, empathy is an innate quality that can be shaped by experience.
- How do you define empathy? Empathy is sometimes defined by psychologists as some sort of high-level cognitive feat where you imagine how somebody else feels or how you would feel .
News & Articles
- Empathy and Disgust Do Battle in the Brain
Empathy and Disgust Do Battle in the Brain
June 15, 2013 - Scientific American via Yahoo! News
- UHV assistant professors earn $10,000 summer research grants
Two University of Houston-Victoria assistant professors will use $10,000 summer grants from the university to advance their research about the use of social media and empathy in moral decision-making.
June 15, 2013 - The Victoria Advocate
- Your Dog May Be Smarter Than You Think
Can a dog empathize with human emotion? According to researchers, they are one of the few species that can express empathy, and thanks to Dr. Brian Hare it’s possible to discover more of what’s hiding behind your dog’s puppy eyes.
June 15, 2013 - CBS Miami
- Barack Obama in New York Times
That kind of judge, Obama explained, will have empathy: "I view the quality of empathy, of understanding and identifying with people's hopes and struggles as an essential ingredient for arriving at just decisions and outcomes."
- Jeff Sessions in New York Times
The ranking Republican on the panel, Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama, said: "Call it empathy, call it prejudice, or call it sympathy, but whatever it is, it's not law. In truth it's more akin to politics. And politics has no place in the...
- Elizabeth Taylor in International Herald Tribune
The Writers Guild of America has show great humanity, empathy and courage by allowing our little evening to move forward,Taylor said in a statement Monday.