empanel : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v enter into a list of prospective jurors
- v select from a list
empanel prospective jurors
- The decision to empanel a grand jury was made by acting Attorney General Robert Bork, and his designated successor, Senator William Saxbe, has promised to let assistants handle .
- He does not empanel a formal jury to cover all industry, or even see every product in a single field.
- empanel a group of judges who are truly up-to-date with TV and yet don't have conflicts of interest.
News & Articles
- Henderson Forms Group To Examine City Budget
The Henderson City Council voted unanimously Tuesday to establish a special ad hoc committee to examine the city's budget. At the May 21 council meeting, City Manager Jacob Snow recommended that the council empanel the committee. Last week, Snow said Henderson
June 12, 2013 - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Doc Hastings in USA Today
The Republicans were "prepared to vote at the earliest opportunity to empanel an investigations subcommittee to review various allegations concerning travel and other actions" by DeLay, Hastings said.
- David Dreier in CNSNews.com
We've gone almost the first half of the year without any action taking place,Dreier said. "The decision to empanel a group on the majority side was made today after we got the news yesterday of the indictment. My inquiry to my friend is...
- Nancy Pelosi in San Diego Union Tribune
Pelosi wrote the speaker, "To uphold the integrity of the ethics process, I ask you to join with me in asking the committee to empanel an investigative subcommittee to immediately investigate Mr. Hefley's allegation."