- n a government order imposing a trade barrier
- v ban the publication of (documents), as for security or copyright reasons
- v prevent commerce
The U.S. embargoes Libya
- A re-run of that 70's embargo seems doesn't seem likely at least not yet.
- Veto any legislation that will lift the embargo; 2.
- That's one argument for easing the embargo.
News & Articles
- BBA Says Libor Submissions to Be Embargoed for Three Months
The British Bankers’ Association said it will embargo lenders’ individual contributions to the London interbank offered rate for three months as part of an effort to restore confidence in the scandal-tainted benchmark.
June 12, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Russian Diplomats Wield Their Missiles Deftly
Russian S-300 announcement came couple of days after EU announced that it might lift embargo on selling weapons to rebels. The embargo is a farce, because Russia is shipping weapons to regime all the time.
June 12, 2013 - Strategy Page
- 'Man of Steel' Is Big, Loud, Serious, Maybe Only Pretty Good
Well, the embargo broke on Man of Steel reviews late last night, and the response to Zack Snyder's hotly anticipated reboot of the Superman franchise is decidedly... mixed. This version of the superhero icon is heavy on the action and heavy on the seriousness, which some critics say drags down one of the biggest blockbusters of the year. Others have declared it a triumph. And like it or not ...
June 11, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- President Bush in USA Today
We will press for strong action by the United Nations, including an arms embargo on Zimbabwe and travel ban on regime officials,Bush said.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in MiamiHerald.com
In April, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said: "It is my personal belief that the Castros do not want to see an end to the embargo because they would lose all of their excuses for what hasn't happened in Cuba in the last 50 years."
- Mark Regev in USA Today
There is momentum in these discussions,Regev told the Associated Press Television News. "We are hopeful that a deal will be based on a total cessation of Hamas fire into Israel and an arms embargo to prevent Hamas from rearming is close...