- n powerful and effective language
his eloquence attracted a large congregation
- She raucously engages both the broad sweep of the big picture and the eloquence of the telling detail.
- With her fame and eloquence and reputation for precision, Carson could count on the support of leading scientists and conservation organizations, and was well positioned to command .
- Heroic eloquence has made more difference in the world than Westerners are now comfortable in admitting.
News & Articles
- Artist of the week: Storm Sermay
Storm Sermay captures the beauty of a stark Death Valley landscape with Ansel Adams' eloquence. See also brings a unique perspective to exotic landscapes, nature scenes, descansos, old cemeteries and churches. She finds an ethereal and sometimes startlingly gritty beauty in the "old and rusted."
June 9, 2013 - Las Cruces Sun-News
- Review: Susan Sontag is doubled in new play homage
NEW YORK (AP) — If you recall your youthful diaries or journals as being on the shallow side, you'll really cringe when comparing them to the ambitious eloquence to be found in essayist Susan Sontag's published journals.
June 7, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Jason Isbell: Literary, But Keeping An Edge On 'Southeastern'
When Jason Isbell was part of Drive-By Truckers , his guitar contributed to the band's sometimes magnificent squall of noise, while his songwriting contributed to the eloquence that raised the band high in the Southern rock pantheon. But the group was led by two other first-rate songwriters, Patterson Hood and Mike Cooley.
June 6, 2013 - KERA North Texas
- John McCain in guardian.co.uk
Have no doubt about the capabilities of Sen. Obama to a debate. He's very, very good,McCain said. "He was able to defeat Sen. Hillary Clinton, who, as we all know, is very accomplished. He was able to, with his eloquence, inspire a great...
- Joe Lieberman in AFP
But my friends, eloquence is not substitute for a record, not in these tough times,Lieberman said. "In the Senate, during the three-and-a-half years that Senator Obama has been a senator, he has not reached across party lines to accomplish...
- Joseph Ellis in 33 KDAF-TV
He has the style of an insurance policy writer,says Joseph Ellis, author of the million-selling "Founding Brothers" and of "His Excellency," a best seller about George Washington. "The Madison papers have very few moments of eloquence."