- n lifting device consisting of a platform or cage that is raised and lowered mechanically in a vertical shaft in order to move people from one floor to another in a building
- n the airfoil on the tailplane of an aircraft that makes it ascend or descend
- Like the sap rising in a forest is the morning flow of Manhattanites to work, as packed elevators in tall buildings whisk them upward by thousands to disperse on higher and .
- In Manhattan's new $10 million, 22-story Universal Pictures Building on Park Avenue, visitors were introduced last week to the latest elevator wrinkle.
- Tenants of modern office buildings fret if they wait more than 30 seconds for an elevator.
News & Articles
- Elevator Pitch: DCM's Dixon Doll
Last week, Elevator Pitch brought you a venture capitalist (Ethan Kurzweil) with a famous father (Google (GOOG) engineering chief Ray Kurzweil).
June 23, 2013 - San Jose Mercury News
- Condo residents frustrated by broken elevator
The elevator at Belair Condos in Rosebank, Staten Island, has been broken for 3 months.
June 21, 2013 - FOX 5 New York
- Elevator working again at Somerset Town Hall
Elevator operations have returned to Town Hall after an eight-month hiatus. The need for repairs to the old lift — to the tune of about $43,000 — left the building without handicapped accessibility for meetings and other purposes since November.
June 20, 2013 - Fall River Herald News
- Wade Phillips in ABC News
It's like the elevator falling from the top. It's tough when it's over. If you don't win it all, you have not reached your goal,coach Wade Phillips said.
- David Feherty in Seattle Times
Feherty, who has visited US troops in the Middle East, wrote: "Despite how the conflict has been portrayed by our glorious media, if you gave any US soldier a gun with two bullets in it, and he found himself in an elevator with Nancy Pelosi, Harry...
- Rod Marinelli in The Spread
Certain things are meaningless to me,Marinelli said. "Certain things are like elevator music, and this is elevator music." "I get in the elevator, go up to Floor 5. I don't remember the music that was playing."