elegance : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a refined quality of gracefulness and good taste
she conveys an aura of elegance and gentility
- n a quality of neatness and ingenious simplicity in the solution of a problem (especially in science or mathematics)
the simplicity and elegance of his invention
- In the great age of railroads, one of the symbols of elegance was the New York Central's Twentieth Century Limited.
- For added elegance, the interior court will be ringed with columns of Pentelic marble, the base of the building with dark grey Santa Marina marble.
- Once Jackie's excellence and elegance broke the color barrier.
News & Articles
- New tea room offers elegance and etiquette
OWOSSO — The owner of Abiding in the Vine Tea Room says she is introducing elegance and etiquette to Shiawassee County, through her recently opened restaurant inside Urban Antiques at the corner of M-
June 21, 2013 - The Argus-Press
- Barry Meguiar, Concours d’Elegance honoree, is ultimate car guy
Barry Meguiar is being celebrated as an automotive icon at this Sunday’s Dana Point Concours d’Elegance, but a better award might be auto evangelist. The host of the longstanding “Car Crazy” TV show and president of Meguiar’s car care...
June 21, 2013 - Irvine World News
- 2013 Concours d’Elegance Takes Off On Rodeo Drive
On Sunday afternoon, 150 classic cars celebrating some of the best in aerodynamic lined the world’s most famous shopping street for the 2013 Rodeo Drive Concours d’Elegance.
June 21, 2013 - Beverly Hills Courier
- Sergey Lavrov in The Associated Press
They haven't explained to us what this is about,Lavrov said at a news conference during a visit to Jerusalem. "I hope they will. The only thing I can say today is that the moment for doing that has been chosen with special elegance."
- Bill Condon in 13abc.com
He also has style, elegance and a sense of occasion,Mark and Condon said in a joint statement. "Hugh is the ideal choice to host a celebration of the year's movies - and to have fun doing it."
- George HW Bush in WHBF
Former President George HW Bush said the former first lady exemplified "the grace and the elegance and the decency and sincerity that you would hope for in the White House."