elected : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v select by a vote for an office or membership
We elected him chairman of the board
- v choose
I elected to have my funds deposited automatically
- a subject to popular election
- The generals and Pakistan's elected leaders are responsible for their own actions.
- Assisted by three officials elected from the college, he directs the election of the pontiff's successor.
- Robert Menendez (D-NJ) -- elected to full term in 2006 Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) -- elected to full term in 2004 Dan Akaka (D-HI) -- elected to full term in 1990.
News & Articles
- Al Gore: Joe Biden Says He Was Elected President, Gore Calls Koch Brothers ‘Dirtiest’
Al Gore was elected president, according to Vice-President Joe Biden in a comment Tuesday that’s still making some waves. Meanwhile, Al Gore himself has gone on another attack against the Koch Brothers, who the former Bill Clinton second-in-command has accused of being “purveyors of the dirtiest energy on earth.” Joe Biden introduced Al Gore at [...] Al Gore: Joe Biden Says He Was Elected ...
June 14, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Beard elected to AIC district office
Rush County Auditor Mary Ann Beard was elected Vice President of the Association of Indiana Counties’ (AIC) East Central District during the annual meeting in Shelby County last month.
June 13, 2013 - Rushville Republican
- Elected officials deserved a pay raise, says board
Some members of the Board of County Compensation for Elected Officials think it’s time to catch up with pay levels earned by unelected department heads.
June 12, 2013 - Laurel Outlook
- Elena Kagan in Wall Street Journal (blog)
The Supreme Court is a wondrous institution. But the time I spent in the other branches of government remind me that it must also be a modest one - properly deferential to the decisions of the American people and their elected representatives,...
- Janet Jackson in AFP
My entire family wanted to be here tonight, but it was just too painful so they elected me to speak with all of you,Janet Jackson said. "I'd just like to say that, to you, Michael is an icon. To us, Michael is family and he will forever...
- Vin Weber in The Right Perspective (blog)
The Muslim Representative from Minnesota was elected by the voters of that district and if American citizens don't wake up and adopt (my) position on immigration there will likely be many more Muslims elected to office and demanding the use of the... Virgil Goode http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgil_Goode&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGHUAqP4Vmqr0UEdJUT7aA3xpZkOg Washington Post http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/21/AR2006122101334.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHJYMx1M2O4C8MGfoGm0-mHFZGeSw Dec 21, 2006
32075 41262 election Republicans have sort of put together a mode of operation for this election cycle that does not put the RNC chairman in a central role," former GOP Rep. Vin Weber of Minnesota said. "That's not the optimal way of handling things. But in a...