elective : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a course that the student can select from among alternatives
- a subject to popular election
- s not compulsory
an elective course of study
- New data shows why elective C-sections may be unsafe for babies before 39 weeks even though 37 weeks is considered full term.
- This would be a drastic break from longstanding federal policy, under which federal funds do not pay for elective abortions or subsidize health plans that cover elective abortions.
- Re: Australian elective surgery - from the Australian government: Elective surgery is surgery that a doctor believes to be necessary but which can be delayed for at least 24 hours.
News & Articles
- Obituary: Thomas McCullough
Share/BookmarkThomas Anthony McCullough, beloved brother, husband and father, died Monday, May 27, 2013, from an unexpected complication from an elective surgery at Good Samaritan Hospital in Los Angeles, Calif. Tom was born Nov. 18, 1938, in Mount Pleasant, Iowa. Tom graduated from Redondo Union High School in Redondo Beach, Calif., and attended UCLA where he [...]
June 12, 2013 - Idyllwild Town Crier
- Mostly Sunny
LITTLE ROCK, AR (News Release) - Dianne Curry, is announcing she is not quite done with elective politics. Curry is the elected member of the Little Rock School Board for Zone 7 and serves as president of the Little Rock School Board.
June 11, 2013 - KARK Little Rock
- Dianne Curry joins race for lt. governor
About an hour after news broke that Highway Commissioner John Burkhalter is running for lieutenant governor, the Democratic field has now doubled: Little Rock School Board member Dianne Curry will join the race. Her press release after the jump. Dianne Curry is announcing she is not quite done with elective politics. Curry is the elected member of the Little Rock School Board for Zone # 7 and ...
June 11, 2013 - Arkansas Times
- Ben Nelson in Boston Globe
Emerging from the talks earlier in the evening, Nelson described the proposals under discussion as a collection of ideas to "exclude any kind of federal funds directly or indirectly being used to fund elective abortions."
- Charlie Crist in Washington Post (blog)
I was never one who sought to hold elective office to demagogue or point fingers,said Crist. "For me, for me, public service has always been about putting the needs of our state and our people first; and every single day, as your servant,...
- John Danforth in FOXNews
Tom Eagleton was an outstanding public servant throughout his career in elective politics and beyond,Danforth said. "As a United States senator, he was highly respected on both sides of the aisle. He was a person of high principle and...