- v fill with high spirits; fill with optimism
- a exultantly proud and joyful; in high spirits
the elated winner
felt elated and excited
- s full of high-spirited delight
- Said the elated defense attorney, Theodore Koskoff: "The judge was fair, the jury was fair, and, in this case, a black revolutionary was given a fair trial.
- Workers who are elated to simply have a job aren't squawking about money, and according to a Randstad survey, they now name job security and benefits among the top factors in their .
- Last week, with classes already in session at the Air Force Academy and summer military training coming to an end at Annapolis and West Point, academy officials were elatedbut .
News & Articles
- Top reasons to love China’s purchase of Smithfield
There are dozens of reasons for American farmers and ranchers to be thrilled—nay, elated!—by Shuanghui International Holding Inc.’s proposed $4.7 billion purchase of Smithfield Foods, Inc., America’s biggest pork chop. Here are 10.
June 14, 2013 - The Beatrice Daily Sun
- Blight fighter battles doubters
In February, Darin McLeskey, an engineer, was elated when a work crew from the newly-launched Detroit Blight authority cleared a 10-block tract of mostly abandoned homes and weeds in his neighborhood. Today, he says, the area is in some ways worse than it was a year ago.
June 13, 2013 - Detroit News
- Andrew Shaw wins Game 1, drops F-bomb on NBC for Blackhawks (Video)
Andrew Shaw’s deflection goal at 12:08 of triple overtime ended one of the longest games in Stanley Cup Final history, as the Chicago Blackhawks took Game 1 against the Boston Bruins, 4-3. He was exhausted and elated. And, well, he’s … Continue reading ?
June 13, 2013 - Puck Daddy via Yahoo! Sports
- Laurence Fishburne in FOXNews
I am elated and delighted to be joining the cast of 'CSI,' Fishburne said in a statement, adding that he looked forward to a "wonderful collaboration" with those involved in the series.
- Jerry Jones in USA Today
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Owens was "elated and beside himself" to have Williams joining the team.
- Jake Peavy in SI.com
Obviously, I was elated. This is as big as it gets as far as individual awards,Peavy said on a conference call. "Truly amazing. A very humbling day when you think about all my peers that take the mound every fifth day."