- n the decade from 1880 to 1889
- n the decade from 1980 to 1989
- n the time of life between 80 and 90
- n the cardinal number that is the product of ten and eight
- Here you have a TV reporter noting the superstar of the eighties meeting the super-politician of the eighties.
- When the sexual freedoms of the seventies were challenged by a rising moral militancy in the eighties, PTI noted, "The sexual revolution has not been rebuffed, merely absorbed into .
- The twenties and the combined eighties and nineties blew up huge stock market bubbles around technology automobiles, radio, aviation, electronic utilities and appliances in the .
News & Articles
- From the Time Capsule: Lunch Conversations With Orson Welles
In the early eighties, Orson Welles was a fixture at L.A.’s Ma Maison, where Wolfgang Puck was the chef before he moved on to Spago. Nearing 70, and 40-plus years removed from Citizen Kane, which he made when he was just 25, Welles was fat and famously difficult, no longer ... More »
June 17, 2013 - Vulture
- The Provocative Évocateur: An Interview with Seth Kramer and Daniel L. Miller
When I’d happen upon Morton Downey Jr.’s vile and venomous talk show in the late eighties, I’d have a hard time switching channels. I’d want to hiss, boo, or throw things at the screen, just as you wanted to do watching the dirtiest wrestler when you were a kid and didn’t realize it was all [...]
June 14, 2013 - The Sag Harbor Express
- Thursday Night Web Weather
Sunny and warm on Friday with highs in the low eighties. Great weather heading into the Fathers Day weekend.
June 14, 2013 - KOLO 8 Reno
- Helen Mirren in AFP
Mirren said she used to take "a bit of cocaine. I loved coke. I never did a lot, just a little bit at parties. But what ended it for me was when they caught Klaus Barbie, the Butcher of Lyon, in the early eighties. He was hiding in South America and...
- Keeley Hawes in RTE.ie
Commenting on her casting, Hawes said: "I'm thrilled to be playing Alex. She's a fantastic character and will be a force to be reckoned with as far as Gene Hunt is concerned. The two of them locking horns in the Eighties will certainly be a sight to...