- n an intellectual; a very studious and academic person
in spite of her love of reading she denied being an egghead
- Alger Hiss is an egghead, Whittaker Chambers is an egghead, with a latent streak of common sense.
- But Obama seems not to have fully assimilated what should be the message of his campaign: It's the economy, egghead.
- And tough above all, tough: not an egghead, not Adlai Stevenson.
News & Articles
- Flashback Springfield: July 15, 1965
A look back at the newspaper 48 years ago: Adlai Stevenson was smart. His political opponents tried to use it against him, accusing him of being an academic who couldn’t relate to others, a North Shore liberal aristocrat. He was mocked by some and called an “egghead.” He was, in fact, smart about a lot things, including being smart enough to stay above petty everyday politics.
July 15, 2013 - The State Journal-Register
- A (wiki) Construction Defect Timeline: Great Failures in Building History
For a feature article about construction defects in Builder magazine's September 2013 issue, we are building a timeline of famous construction defect disasters. The list below is what I came up with quickly, and I will ask some of my egghead industry friends for more disasters.
July 10, 2013 - Builder Magazine
- Richard Nixon in CBC.ca
Trudeau so infuriated Nixon during the visit that Nixon called him "a pompous egghead" and told Haldeman: "You've got to put it to these people for kicking the US around after what we did for that lousy son of a bitch. Give it to somebody...
- Douglas Brinkley in Los Angeles Times
McCain needs to paint Obama as a Harvard elite egghead celebrity,Brinkley said. "Now he feels like he's ringing the pinball machine. The last thing Obama needs is to be seen in a photograph with a celebrity."
- Donald Trump in MSNBC
...an interview scheduled to air on "Hardball with Chris Matthews" Thursday, Donald Trump tells Chris Matthews that the proposed Freedom Tower was designed by "an egghead architect" who "really doesn't have a lot of experience...