effeminacy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the trait of being effeminate (derogatory of a man)
the students associated science with masculinity and arts with effeminacy
- Although he is known for his plump effeminacy, she is mannish in dress.
- One medieval writer complained about the effeminacy of the Danes, who "used to comb their hair every day, bathed every Saturday and used many other such frivolous means of setting .
- Pacino presides with calculated distraction and studied effeminacy that drop away, as he betrays the wayward Salome, to reveal the steely cruelty of a conqueror.
- Samuel Alito in Southern Voice
Most of the harassment focused on [the student's] lack of athleticism, his physique, and his perceived effeminacy,Alito wrote.