effendi : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a former Turkish term of respect; especially for government officials
- The next minute, seven Egyptian students wearing effendi dress drew their revolvers and riddled the car with bullets.
- Parts of the effendi class like to listen to Axis promises of advancement and power.
- Said one British official in Jerusalem last week: "The whole effendi class has gone.
News & Articles
- A Fairy Tale in Transylvania
Rena Effendi went looking for a fairy-tale village in Transylvania. She found it among the haystacks of Maramures.
June 28, 2013 - New York Times