- n the branch of social science that deals with the production and distribution and consumption of goods and services and their management
- As Keynes might have put it: Keynesianism the theory of growth The New Economics.
- Britain was the cradle of both the industrial revolution and, with Adam Smith, the science of economics.
- The (confused) economics of cash for clunkers It all began a year ago with a suggestion from a prominent economist.
News & Articles
- Economics Program Mentors Minorities to Maturation
Junior mentoring program at Duke helps minority faculty achieve high success in economics
June 11, 2013 - Duke University
- MannKind to Present at Wells Fargo Securities Research & Economics 2013 Healthcare Conference
VALENCIA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MannKind Corporation (Nasdaq: MNKD), focused on discovering, developing and commercializing treatments for diabetes, announced today that it will present at the Wells Fargo Securities Research & Economics 2013 Healthcare Conference on Tuesday, June 18, 2013 at 2:55 PM (ET) at the InterContinental Hotel in Boston. Interested parties can access a link to the live ...
June 11, 2013 - Business Wire
- Is Behavioral Economics the Death of Living Wills?
As a physician who conducts research on decision-making, I have been asked many times: What does behavioral economics teach us about the role of living wills in medical care? Famed behavioral economist Dick Thaler recently opined on this topic in the New York Times, stating his support for a ?requirement that all patients meet with their doctors or trained end-of-life counselors and prepare ...
June 9, 2013 - Forbes
- Steve Ballmer in guardian.co.uk
Microsoft's chief executive, Steve Ballmer, said: "Despite our best efforts, including raising our bid by roughly $5bn, Yahoo has not moved toward accepting our offer. After careful consideration, we believe the economics demanded by Yahoo do not...
- Barack Obama in San Francisco Chronicle
In life there are no guarantees; in economics there are no guarantees,Obama said, coughing and sniffling at times as he battled a cold he said he'd been fighting all week.
- John McCain in DemocracyArsenal.org (blog)
I guess when McCain said "The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I should," he wasn't kidding around.