- n a very dark black
- n hard dark-colored heartwood of the ebony tree; used in cabinetwork and for piano keys
- n tropical tree of southern Asia having hard dark-colored heartwood used in cabinetwork
- s of a very dark black
- An Asian culinary trend heads west as ebony ingredients begin to show up on fashionable menus.
- For generations his descendants rebuffed enquiring scholars and collectors, claimed that the ebony chest had been destroyed.
- Joey Wallis Sarah Ehrler Amid an interior of beige and white, coolly accented by ebony tables and white onyx cutlery, French chef Laurent Gras gives seafood a new sense of .
News & Articles
- 4 students hurt when Pittsburgh school vans wreck
Four students were being evaluated at area hospitals for minor injuries after one Pittsburgh Public Schools van rear-ended another Monday morning. District spokeswoman Ebony Pugh said the accident happened just before 8 a.m. Monday on California Avenue at Columbus Avenue in the California-Kirkbride section of the city. Two of the injured students were on a van taking them to Pittsburgh Langley ...
June 11, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Afternoon Shift: Chicago Transit Summit, summer TV and the travel industry
A bicyclist, a motorist and a pedestrian gather for WBEZ's first Chicago summer transit summit to hash out rules for the roads. Ebony.com editor, Jamilah Lemieux, talks about their year-long series on violence in Chicago. Author Elizabeth Becker sheds some light on the travel industry. [ View the story "Afternoon Shift: Chicago Transit Summit, summer TV and the travel industry" on Storify ]
June 10, 2013 - WBEZ 91.5 Chicago
- 2 students hurt when Pittsburgh school vans wreck
PITTSBURGH (AP) - Two students were being evaluated at a hospital for minor injuries after one Pittsburgh Public Schools van rear-ended another. District spokeswoman Ebony Pugh says the accident happened just before 8 a.m. Monday. The district's schools break for the summer on Wednesday.
June 10, 2013 - New Jersey Herald
- Richard M Daley in NBC5.com
Mayor Richard M. Daley said in a release Monday evening that "Through the vision and leadership of Mr. Johnson, Ebony and Jet magazines helped corporate America realize the vast purchasing power of the African-American consumer."
- Donna Orender in SI.com
I came here earlier in the season ...... and that was the night I knew Ebony was going to have a breakout year,Orender said. "What's so striking about Ebony is the one you don't get numbers for, and that's her tremendous heart and...
- Sheila Johnson in Huffington Post (blog)
When we started BET, it was going to be the Ebony magazine on television,Johnson tells me. "We had public affairs programming. We had news...... I had a show called Teen Summit, we had a large variety of programming, but the problem is...