- n an artist's brush made of sable hairs
- n the expensive dark brown fur of the marten
- n a very dark black
- n a scarf (or trimming) made of sable
- n marten of northern Asian forests having luxuriant dark brown fur
- s of a dark somewhat brownish black
- In the realm of fur, sable reigns while mink merely serves (albeit nicely).
- One was a $10,500 white mink, the other a $35,000 Russian sable.
- Later it sold a shopper two sable coats, one for herself and one for her sister.
News & Articles
- Aurora theater shooting survivor Zack Golditch is Post's ACE award winner
Yes, Zack Golditch has returned to movie theaters. No, not at the Aurora Mall, a short jog from his beloved Gateway High School on South Sable Boulevard, where a bullet pierced a wall and left three holes in his neck nearly a year ago.
June 16, 2013 - Denver Post
- SS Badger's sunset cruise offers passengers a view of lighthouses -- and a way to support their upkeep, too
The sold-out cruise on the S.S. Badger ferry was a fundraiser for the Sable Points Lighthouse Keepers Association, which maintains four West Michigan lighthouses, including the White River Light Station in Fruitland Township.
June 12, 2013 - The Muskegon Chronicle
- Students get their shots
Morris Hospital, Aux Sable Liquid Products and Grainger announced Monday they have hired 12 new employees— all recent high school graduates or current students.
June 11, 2013 - Morris Daily Herald
- Jim Prentice in TheChronicleHerald.ca
Sable Island and its storied past are part of Canada's collective soul, and a part of our nation's promise to the future and to new generations of Canadians,said Prentice.
- Geraldine Brooks in The Oregonian - OregonLive.com
I have a gold sticker on the book, and I hope it's brought me more readers, but I didn't go out and buy a sable coat,Brooks said.
- Andrew Groves in Wall Street Journal
Sable Mining CEO Andrew Groves said, "DMC has a world-class portfolio of coal assets in South Africa and Botswana which we plan to fund and develop rapidly towards production. The recent equity placing, which raised US$125 million for Sable Mining,...