- s lying toward or situated in the east
the eastern end of the island
- a of or characteristic of eastern regions of the United States
- s lying in or toward the east
- a relating to or characteristic of regions of eastern parts of the world
- s from the east; used especially of winds
an eastern wind
- Silicon Saxony One eastern German state is working hard to create an economic miracle of its own.
- The eastern burden has even affected Germany's foreign policy and other European countries' destinies.
- Divisions open up over how much western Europe should help the hard-hit eastern member states.
News & Articles
- South Eastern taxpayers get slight tax increase
York, PA - Property owners will pay more to own land in the South Eastern School District. The school board Thursday adopted a 2013-14 budget of $48.
June 23, 2013 - York Daily Record
- Eastern State Penitentiary Hosts “Pets In Prison” Event
From dogs and cats to pigs and horses, Eastern State Penitentiary housed a lot more creatures than just humans. The penitentiary has a new program that is teaching the public about the history of animals in prison.
June 22, 2013 - CBS Philadelphia
- Eastern Floral closing Northland Dr. store
Eastern Floral President Bing Goei says the closure is part of new plan to increase sales and focus on improving its online sales.
June 22, 2013 - WZZM 13 Grand Rapids
- Angela Merkel in ABC News
Saying that the situation is the same for all central and eastern European states, I don't see that,said Merkel, adding "you cannot compare" the dire situation in Hungary with that of other countries.
- Condoleezza Rice in Forbes
Let's be real about this and realistic about this, the idea that somehow 10 interceptors and a few radars in eastern Europe are going to threaten the Soviet strategic deterrent is purely ludicrous and everybody knows it,Rice told reporters...
- Vladimir Putin in The Herald
We have pulled out all our heavy weapons from the European part of Russia to behind the Ural Mountains and cut our military by 300,000 men,Putin said. "And what about our partners? They are filling Eastern Europe with new weapons . . . We...