earwig : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of numerous insects of the order Dermaptera having elongate bodies and slender many-jointed antennae and a pair of large pincers at the rear of the abdomen
- And yetand yet And yet the earwig that entered many a Senatorial ear with Senator Harding's nomination in 1920, was a most irresistible earwig.
- To the straightforward reader, it may appear that the explanation only compounds the problem, especially when Burgess points out that the French for "earwig" is perce-oreille .
- His mother was an earwig, His father was a whale I want to put a little bit of salt on his tail.
News & Articles
- Are Earwigs Damaging to My Garden Plants?
Earwigs are common garden pests in northern Utah. They chew into buds, leaves, flowers and fruits of many plants, including tree and cane fruits, vegetables and ornamentals.
Aug. 27, 2013 - Sun Advocate
- Patton Oswalt in Salt Lake Tribune
When I heard 'Pixar' and 'Brad Bird directing,' I could have played an earwig on a corpse and I would have been as excited,Oswalt said during a recent stop in Salt Lake City to promote the movie.