- n the 3rd planet from the sun; the planet we live on
- n the loose soft material that makes up a large part of the land surface
they dug into the earth outside the church
- n the solid part of the earth's surface
the earth shook for several minutes
- n the abode of mortals (as contrasted with Heaven or Hell)
it was hell on earth
- n once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles)
- n the concerns of this life as distinguished from heaven and the afterlife
- n a connection between an electrical device and a large conducting body, such as the earth (which is taken to be at zero voltage)
- v hide in the earth like a hunted animal
- v connect to the earth
earth the circuit
- Moreover, the earth is suffering the decline of entire ecosystemsthe nurseries of new life-forms.
- IT had aspects of a secular, almost pagan holidaya sense of propitiating an earth increasingly incapable of forgiving what man has inflicted upon it.
- To the run of men, the earth seems to rotate with trustworthy steadiness.
News & Articles
- It's 'Earth, wind and fire' at Plant Camp
HERNANDO — Earth, wind and fire will make an appearance at the annual Plant Camp sponsored by the Mississippi State University Agricultural Extension Office at Conger Park on Monday.
June 13, 2013 - DeSoto Times-Tribune
- Sunny super-Earth? Atmosphere of super-Earth exoplanet observed for time first by two Japanese telescopes
Astronomers have observed the atmosphere of super-Earth "GJ3470b" for the first time using two telescopes. This super-Earth is an exoplanet, having only about 14 times the mass of our home planet, and it is the second lightest one among already-surveyed exoplanets. The observational data revealed that this planet is highly likely to NOT be covered by thick clouds.
June 12, 2013 - Science Daily
- Mother Earth/Mother Tongue Half Marathon Trail Race and 5K Run
The first annual Mother Earth/Mother Tongue (ME/MT) Half Marathon Trail Race and 5K will take place Saturday, June 22nd, 2013, the run beginning at the Greenwood, SD pow-wow grounds and continuing approximately 14 miles and ending at "Cedar Church" above Pickstown, SD that is located across from the Fort Randall Casino/Ft. Randall pow-wow grounds of the Ihankthunwan DaNakota "Yankton Sioux ...
June 12, 2013 - The Native American Times
- Barack Obama in Bizjournals.com
The answers to our problems don't lie beyond our reach. They exist in our laboratories and our universities; in our fields and our factories; in the imaginations of our entrepreneurs and the pride of the hardest-working people on Earth,Obama...
- Mark Cavendish in Pocono Record
I learned a big lesson not to get on that cloud, and people pulled me - and I came crashing down to earth,Cavendish said, "and you know, I came down really really hard."
- Pope Benedict XVI in PinkNews.co.uk
There are scars which mark the surface of our earth, erosion, deforestation, the squandering of the world's mineral and ocean resources in order to fuel an insatiable consumption,the Pope said.