earnestly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r in a serious manner
talking earnestly with his son
- Speaking earnestly and somberly, Carter opened by stating that "persistent high inflation threatens the economic security of our country," and that "this dangerous situation calls .
- More surprising was the rush of French readers, who had so earnestly commiserated with a wounded America, to get a copy of the tract.
- He would appear in the doorway without fanfare, slip into the room and start reading a book aloud, or talking earnestly with a five-year-old about a new puppy or little brother, or .
News & Articles
- The Xbox One’s Two Potential Problems: Price and Indie Games
As I wrote yesterday, Microsoft’s unprecedented Xbox One DRM reversal, whether enacted earnestly or cynically, bodes well for everyone (including, in my view, Microsoft). And no, to all the cynics and doomsayers, it’s not too little, too late, nor has “the damage been done,” which is just a shortcut to thinking about a bit of melodrama that’s played out over the space of less than two weeks ...
June 21, 2013 - Techland
- Thirsting for God
“You, God, are my God. Earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary, and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
June 20, 2013 - Patterson Irrigator
- 'Heroic measures' save injured dog's life
Now happy, healthy and earnestly seeking his own special person, Little Boogie is a male shepherd/Lab mix who was just 5 weeks old when he was brought to emergency veterinarian care with life-threatening head injuries inflicted by another dog.
June 20, 2013 - Eureka Times-Standard
- Sean Brady in International Herald Tribune
The challenge for all of us is to be consistent and coherent, not just in honoring Patrick with our lips and our parades, but with our hearts and lives - to honor what he really represents by earnestly trying to embody it in our own lives,...
- Manmohan Singh in Outlook (registration)
I earnestly hope that relations between our two countries become so friendly that we can generate an atmosphere of trust between each other and that the two nations are able to agree on a treaty of peace, security and friendship,Singh said.
- Bill Kenwright in Stan James Betting News
He said: "It is true that David and myself have spoken to Mikel on a couple of occasions this summer and tried to persuade him his future lies with us. We earnestly believe that is still the case. The health of Gabriel has never been mentioned in...