dybbuk : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (Jewish folklore) a demon that enters the body of a living person and controls that body's behavior
- In Jewish lore, a "dybbuk" is the soul of someone who dies without fulfilling his destiny; to earn eternal rest, the soul must return to earth and find fulfillment in the body of.
- Climax of the film, the exorcising of the dybbuk from her body by the rabbinical council, makes the rites of witchcraft seem like Hallowe'en pranks.
- To add to their woes, Choreographer Ross and Dancer Kaye were struggling with a dybbuk of their own: friction with their impresario, Belgium's Henriques Pimentel, was about to .
News & Articles
- Canyon News - Theatre Dybbuk Performing At Library
SANTA MONICA?Theatre Dybbuk will be giving a staged reading of Tony Kushner’s “A Dybbuk” at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Auditorium in the Santa Monica Public Library at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, December 15. Tickets are free and will be released one hour before the performance at the lobby.
Dec. 4, 2013 - Canyon News