- n a becoming gradually less
there is no greater sadness that the dwindling away of a family
- v become smaller or lose substance
- s gradually decreasing until little remains
- Slots on the payroll are dwindling rapidly.
- Now, for the first time in nearly three decades, this dwindling group of outcasts are completely surrounded by the Lao government troops that hunt them.
- The economy is in meltdown, consumer spending is dwindling and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke is seriously considering priming the monetary system with change he found .
News & Articles
- Budget news better; deficit drama lingers
BANGOR - Bangor Public Schools officials expect more money after several years of dwindling revenue.
June 16, 2013 - The Herald-Palladium
- D-backs lose ground to Padres
After the D-backs were defeated by the Padres, 6-4, on Saturday night, Arizona's division lead is dwindling, and just three games separate the D-backs from the fourth-place Padres.
June 16, 2013 - Arizona Diamondbacks
- Arizona nonagenarian sets weightlifting world record
By David Schwartz PHOENIX (Reuters) - A barrel-chested 91-year-old strongman from Arizona shattered the world record for the bench press in his dwindling age group, with a lift of 187.2 pounds - some 50 pounds more than the previous record. Sy Perlis bested the record of 135 pounds set in 2005 during a national competition last weekend in Phoenix as the lone participant in the 90-year-old and ...
June 15, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Eric Schmidt in Independent
In an op-ed piece yesterday, Google boss Eric Schmidt said: "With dwindling revenue and diminished resources, frustrated newspaper executives are looking for someone to blame. Much of their anger is currently directed at Google...... the facts...
- Patrick Leahy in Forbes
That's not surprising from a White House that has stubbornly refused to change course even in the face of dwindling support from American people whose sons and daughters are dyingsaid Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt.
- Mark Martin in International Herald Tribune
I didn't let that eat at me a lot, but when it started dwindling down to where you could count on one hand your shots at the Daytona 500, and then it started going down - four, three, we don't know anymore,Martin said. "This is the crown...