- n son and successor of Francois Duvalier as president of Haiti; he was overthrown by a mass uprising in 1986 (born in 1951)
- n oppressive Haitian dictator (1907-1971)
News & Articles
- Photos: Haiti's 'Carnival of Flowers'
Tens of thousands of revelers have poured into downtown Port-au-Prince for the “Carnival of Flowers” a three-day celebration President Michel Martelly has revived from the Duvalier era.
July 31, 2013 - New Haven Register
- Rene Preval in MiamiHerald.com
People don't know what the Duvalier regime truly representsin a country where more than half of the 8.5 million citizens are 25 and younger, PrÃ©val told The Miami Herald.
- Jean-Bertrand Aristide in Reuters
It's a slight exaggeration. If he had said lower than at any time since 1986, the year Duvalier departed power, I might be inclined to agree with him more,said Jean-Germain Gros, a Haitian-born political analyst at the University of Missouri.