- n the social force that binds you to the courses of action demanded by that force; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty"- John D.Rockefeller Jr
we must instill a sense of duty in our children
- n work that you are obliged to perform for moral or legal reasons
- n a government tax on imports or exports
- In the cramped wardroom of Admiral Horatio Nelson's 187-year-old flagship Victory last week, a court martial sat in judgment on another British naval hero whose duty was dogged by .
- I'm reporting for jury duty (the civil division of the New York Supreme Court, which is what they call the main trial court here) this morning.
- And so the case against Cuban comes down to whether or not he had a duty that he breached to Mamma.
News & Articles
- Off-duty South St. Paul cop charged with fleeing, DWI
An off-duty South St. Paul cop toppled mailboxes, hit parked cars, almost ran a semitrailer truck off the road and hit a row of gas pumps while allegedly driving drunk Tuesday morning in Rosemount, according to charges filed Friday in Dakota County District Court.
June 15, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Off-duty McKinney officer killed in Frisco motorcycle crash
An off-duty McKinney police officer died Monday following a major vehicle collision in Frisco at the intersection of Custer Road and Winding Creek Drive.
June 15, 2013 - The Frisco Enterprise
- 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' Disappoints With Underwhelming Graphics Overhaul, Deluge Of Scripted Events
I had an open mind and high hopes going into the closed-door demo of Call of Duty: Ghosts at E3. Infinity Ward was showing off their new graphics engine, giving us a lengthy look at new canine companion Riley, and buzz from a few industry contacts pointed to a renewed focus on the PC platform. As it turns out, it's going to take more than a dog and shiny new graphics to save Call of Duty from ...
June 14, 2013 - Forbes
- Osama bin Laden in News24
Our duty is to foil these dangerous schemes, which try to prevent the establishment of an Islamic state in Iraq, which would be a wall of resistance against American schemes to divide Iraq,Bin Laden said.
- Henry Kissinger in Dallas Morning News
In his understated way, he did his duty as a leader, not as a performer playing to the gallery,Mr. Kissinger said.
- Sarah Palin in Independent
It is my duty to always protect our great state,Ms Palin said in a separate, pre-prepared statement released by her office. "With that in mind, my family and I determined that it is best to make a difference this summer, and I am willing...