- n fecal matter of animals
- v fertilize or dress with dung
you must dung the land
- v defecate; used of animals
- The new findings imply that controlling biomass combustion, particularly the small-scale burning of wood and dung for home heating and cooking common throughout Asia and Africa .
- Like a dead soul out of Gogol, a human figure rose out of a dung heap recently in the Ukrainian village of Tsirkuny, and rushed forth shrieking: "I want to live! I want to work!".
- In another gallery all but a snaking ribbon of picture window has been covered in cow dung.
News & Articles
- Vietnam PM takes a hit in first-ever confidence vote
HANOI (Reuters) - Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung was dealt a rare public blow on Tuesday, winning the full support of less than half of members of a parliament dominated by his ruling Communist Party in the country's first-ever confidence vote. The former central bank governor got votes of "high confidence" from 210 members of the 498-seat national assembly, with 160 passing votes of ...
June 11, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Turning cow dung into electricity
Dairy farmers have been burned by systems that promise to turn manure into power, but a new generation of digesters could revive this segment of the renewable energy field. Dairy farmer Ron Koetsier's 1,200 cows produce roughly 90 tons of manure daily, and for the last three decades, he has tried unsuccessfully to turn the stinky dung into energy to power his 450-acre farm in Visalia.
June 10, 2013 - The Morning Call
- Covington man takes $3 million Georgia Lottery win
Dung Tran of Covington has claimed a Georgia Lottery win worth around $3 million dollars.
June 5, 2013 - WXIA-TV Atlanta
- James Clyburn in New York Times (blog)
I know a Democratic pattern, I know a Republican pattern,he said, "and I saw in the Democratic primary elephant dung all over the place."
- Sinead O Connor in AFP
Long an outspoken critic of the Catholic authorities, O'Connor asked: "How long do they expect us to restrain ourselves? We have put up with this bull dung for hundreds of years. A true Christian is someone who, in any given situation, is supposed...
- Marc Abrahams in Reuters India
She seems to claim if companies start using this method it might help with global warming because some of all the cow dung that causes problems in the atmopshere will start getting used,Abrahams said in an interview.