- n a stringed instrument used in American folk music; an elliptical body and a fretted fingerboard and three strings
- n a trapezoidal zither whose metal strings are struck with light hammers
- When Zorba is too full for words, he dances in wild leaps like a trout or unslings his santuri (a kind of dulcimer) and plucks from it the haunting laments of the Levant.
- From the bare arrangements of acoustic guitar and piano with maybe a hint of dulcimer, to the lyrics "All I really want our love to do Is to bring out the best in me and in .
- In addition to the fiddle, guitar, dulcimer and psaltery, the Beerses work the "limberjacks" (jointed wooden blocks that are clapped together like castanets, popular in colonial .
News & Articles
- Things to do Saturday, June 22, 2013
Music HUNTER WALKER AND SARAH MORGAN: 8 p.m. Free. Dulcimer concert with two dulcimer champions. Blessed Sacrament Church, 305 E St., South Charleston. Call 304-766-0016. JULIE ADAMS AND STEVE HILL: 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. Free. Taylor Books...
June 21, 2013 - The Charleston Gazette
- Dulcimer Days wraps up contests
Winners of the 2013 Mid-East Regional Dulcimer Championships Sunday in Roscoe Village are no strangers to the national contest.
June 17, 2013 - Coshocton Tribune
- Jean Ritchie in Kentucky.com
I was asked to attend some parties and bring my dulcimer,Ritchie said. "That's the way my so-called career got started. I met Pete and decided he was one of the world's good men. Everything that he was involved in was to make things better...