- n a shortage of rainfall
farmers most affected by the drought hope that there may yet be sufficient rain early in the growing season
- n a prolonged shortage
when England defeated Pakistan it ended a ten-year drought
- A farmer walks across his field in the drought-stricken Morigaon district in northeast India.
- Still suffering from the effects of last year's drought, and struggling to get aid from recession-hit donors, Ethiopia enters another season of famine as 6.
- The Famine the World Forgot Refugees from Afghanistan's endless infighting now find themselves further trapped by a relentless winter and an aid drought.
News & Articles
- Drought Update and Tips for Gardeners
The Coastal Bend is still in the middle of a drought. That despite recent rains.
June 15, 2013 - KIII Corpus Christi
- Drought restrictions draw closer as summer heats up
By Larry Fox,West Travis County Public Utility Agency chairmanThe ongoing drought means that Stage 3 drought restrictions will probably be upon us by the end of August or early September.
June 14, 2013 - Austin American-Statesman
- Drought continues throughout state
Despite the helpful torrents of rainfall received in Cooke County lately, many areas in Texas are still classified as being in drought status.
June 14, 2013 - Gainesville Daily Register
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in East County Magazine
February 27, 2009 (San Diego's East County)-"This drought is having a devastating impact on our people, our communities, our economy and our environment, making today' action absolutely necessary," said Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, who...
- Ricardo Acuna in International Herald Tribune
More than it's a drought, it's that the world got better,said Acuna, a Chilean who ranked in the top 50 in the mid-1980s. "When I first started playing, 50 of the draw was Americans, and then there was the rest of us - South Americans or...
- Stuart Appleby in ESPN
I'm not concerned who honors an event or who titles an event or anything,said Appleby, seeking his ninth tour victory and first of 2007. "Because winning, once you've won or had a drought, it feels great. And not winning feels a little...