- n swelling from excessive accumulation of watery fluid in cells, tissues, or serous cavities
- The dreadful dropsy grows apace, Nor can the sufferer banish thirst, Unless the cause of the malady has first Departed from the veins.
- He developed those other signs of malignant malaria, dropsy and hemorrhages.
- The almost inevitable consequence has been an increased death rate from such maladies as typhus, dysentery, dropsy and various infantile disorders.
News & Articles
- Dripping Air Conditioner Water Probably Won't Kill You?
We can all agree that, with the exception of rain or maybe money, anything that falls out of the New York City sky is probably not something you want to land in your salad or any of your face's mucus membranes. The cold facts are that it's probably bird poop or subway slime or airborne urine, and getting it in your eyeball will likely lead to death or at least a severe case of dropsy. [ more ...
July 16, 2013 - Gothamist