- n swelling from excessive accumulation of watery fluid in cells, tissues, or serous cavities
- Once the "dependent edema" caused by tight panty girdles has been diagnosed, the prescription for cure is simple and straightforward: throw away the girdle.
- He died at 32 under a cloud of controversy, in his mistress's home, of a brain edema, which an autopsy said was caused by a strange reaction to a prescription painkiller called .
- One year later, Christina's mother, who had followed her sister's example by marrying Stavros Niarchos, died mysteriously of pulmonary edema.
- Todd Pletcher in Vegas-Spreads
Todd Pletcher stated, "Basically his left leg is filled from his ankle up to the knee, we need to get some of that edema out of there before we can do any diagnostics. He's not uncomfortable. I got him out early this morning (Sunday) on the asphalt...
- Fatih Terim in CNN International
Unfortunately, Emre is not going to play tomorrow,said Turkey coach Fatih Terim ahead of the game at Basel's St Jakob-Park Stadium. "He had an MRI and results have shown that there's an edema of two to three centimetres. Not having Emre is...
- Johns Hopkins in UPI.com
These results indicate a treatment breakthrough for saving the vision of people with diabetic macular edema,researcher Dr. Neil Bressler of The Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore said in a statement.