drippings : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n fat that exudes from meat and drips off while it is being roasted or fried
- n a liquid (as water) that flows in drops (as from the eaves of house)
- n the sound of a liquid falling drop by drop
- Using two large forks, mix in the eggs, Spam with all the pan drippings, cheese and black pepper to the spaghetti in the pan.
News & Articles
- Gumbo D’Herbes
2 quarts mixed greens — mustard, turnip, beet, spinach Hot water 2 tablespoon bacon drippings 1 tablespoon flour 1 cup finely chopped onion 2 cups seafood or chopped meat 2 1/2 teaspoons salt 1 teaspoon black pepper Filé
June 21, 2013 - The Daily Iberian
- David Croll in Toronto Star
Truly we are dripping with wealth. The poor in this instance don't even get the drippings,Croll said in a speech to the Empire Club of Canada.
- Keith Morris in San Diego Union Tribune
Like the Circle Jerks' Keith Morris wrote in the liner notes to the recent X anthology: "They saw it like they lived it .......... this was an ugly stew sprinkled with glitter, sugar and wax drippings, gasoline or fire, somewhere over an underpass,...