driftwood : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n wood that is floating or that has been washed ashore
- The sculpture of William Muir looks something like polished driftwood; but nature, with all her wisdom, cannot seem to match by accident what Muir shapes by design.
- Trees blown from the earth lie with their roots twisted into clumps like charred driftwood.
- Like drowning men grasping the only piece of buoyant driftwood in sight, top executives from the world's beleaguered auto industry arrived in Shanghai this week for the city's 2009 .
News & Articles
- Local Headlines
A competitor is given a hand as she emerges from the water after plowing through an obstacle during the Mississippi Mud Mania competition Saturday at the Driftwood Campground in Quincy.
June 8, 2013 - Quincy Herald-Whig
- Happy Tiki Night time Beach Torch Run
Runners will head north on the beach, with 5k runners turning around at the 2.5k mark and 10k runners at the 5k mark. The tikis mark the course but do not light up the beach. Runners are required to bring a flashlight or headlamp in order to avoid hazards like sand castles, crabholes, or driftwood. Awards for top 3 male and female finishers in each age group, and t-shirts to the first 300 ...
June 6, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- LED Pendant Lighting Fixture is handcrafted from driftwood.
Featuring LEDs embedded in weathered Driftwood harvested from shorelines of Adirondack lakes, Driftwood Pendant (143814) has naturally sculpted silhouettes of branches and roots. Each handcrafted pendant measures 38 in. wide and 25 in. tall, is one-of-a-kind, and can be customized regarding size, style, and lamping to meet lighting requirements. Areas of use include residential and commercial ...
June 5, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Rick Perry in USA Today
From Driftwood, Texas, to Washington, DC., we are sending you a message tonight: Stop messing with Texas,Perry said.
- Jason Robinson in ic Wales
The more people you have there, the more people will be disappointed when the team is chosen,said Robinson. "Everybody who goes out there wants to play. If you are not picked for two or three games, you are called the driftwood and you...
- Perry Christie in The Freeport News
Mr. Speaker as we speak, the representatives of the government are closing a meeting in New York,said Mr. Christie. "And at that meeting, Lehman Brothers (the financier of Driftwood Freeport Ltd, which owns Royal Oasis) and the government...