- v flow off gradually
- v deplete of resources
- v empty of liquid; drain the liquid from
- v make weak
- s having a debilitating effect
- If you start draining too much electricity, it closes up again.
- These spare, mostly acoustic songs about death, loss and life's rearview mirror make for a draining listen.
- Cavallo made a proclamation limiting withdrawals to $1,000 a month in order to avoid draining the banks, but that sparked a wave of uncertainty and anger throughout the country .
News & Articles
- Dwyane Wade had knee drained, 8 hours of therapy before Game 7
Dwyane Wade told the Associated Press that his left knee, injured in a collision with Spurs guard Manu Ginobili a game prior, required a draining of fluid and nearly eight hours of therapy heading into Game 7 of the NBA Finals . The knee that was surgically repaired over the summer swelled up like a "coconut" after Game 6 and Wade needed three hours of treatment in the morning and another four ...
June 23, 2013 - SB Nation
- U-M's Beilein: Don't count out Spike Albrecht in guard competition
Beilein noted that Albrecht didn't just shoot well in the championship game. He shot well the whole NCAA tournament run, draining nine of 10 three-pointers.
June 22, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Game 7 Among Most Anticipated NBA Game In Decades
It's Christmas for pro basketball fans — game 7 of the NBA Finals is Thursday night. And, after an epic, draining game 6, the match up between the Miami Heat and the San Antonio Spurs has put everyone, from casual observers and the stats geeks, in a tizzy.
June 21, 2013 - NPR
- Dara Torres in Toronto Star
We'll help lower mortgage costs and extend loans to small businesses so they can create jobs. We'll ensure that CEOs are not draining funds that should be advancing our recovery. And we will insist on unprecedented transparency, rigorous oversight,... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA Indian Express http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.indianexpress.com/news/would-not-tolerate-wall-street-greed-obama/417498/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGsvIYF7Zt6Hr6QfBicJ3b43cMwww Jan 31, 2009
30177 38969 draining He found a tear in my quad tendon that was undiagnosed," Torres said in an e-mail message. "Excluding draining my knee, he has never treated me, but I did see his chiropractor who did soft-tissue work on my leg. That was the extent of my...
- Sir Alex Ferguson in Sportinglife.com
The week was a little draining with the temperature it gets to here, but because I've been to Pebble Beach and done most of my preparation, I can take it easy with that for the next three days and build up my fitness and stamina for when the... Lee Westwood http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Westwood&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFNf7vNReHvJotkq7mcn0rx4EICEg The Press Association http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5gigi61AkrdFOMPL1WoeV0h38zGQQ&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHhGJd-hBjL-k6bLo0EXrYS5FzHyg Jun 15, 2010
30179 38971 drainpipe He took that game at Arsenal by the scruff of the neck," said Ferguson. "He came on with an urgency to win the match for us. Every time the ball went on that side of the pitch, it was like a rat up a drainpipe. It was all done at electric...