downy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s like down or as soft as down
- s covered with fine soft hairs or down
downy milkweed seeds
- But royalists in Austria and Hungary, trying hard to recoup their own fortunes through the restoration of downy-lipped Archduke Otto, learned almost immediately that Boris was .
- But when Benedict XVI travels to Turkey next week on his first visit to a Muslim country since becoming Pope last year, he is unlikely to cloak himself in a downy banner of .
- He still has the mop top, the downy skin and the sensuous sanctity of the boy every mother wants her daughter to bring home if he weren't dating his dimpled co-star from High .
News & Articles
- The Kind Of App Experiment You’d Only Find In NYC
Life in New York can be a lot like the life of one of those trees that attempts to grow into a cliff. Unlike the Bay Area, with its downy-soft incubators, people here invent a lot of things based purely on creative desperation. One such early-stage web experiment is this: “ Help Jeremy Find An Apartment .” To anyone who has YouTubed “lean product,” this should look familiar: It’s an extremely ...
June 12, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- Mass. warns of disease infecting type of flower
Massachusetts officials are warning of a new plant disease affecting impatiens, a popular flower group. The Department of Agricultural Resources said Tuesday that the disease, called Impatiens downy mildew, infects the flowers and causes them to die, but does not affect other types of plants or flowers.
June 12, 2013 - Boston Globe
- State Issues Warning About Mildew Disease Infecting Impatiens
The Department of Agricultural Resources said Tuesday that the disease — called Impatiens downy mildew — infects the flowers and causes them to die, but does not affect other types of plants or flowers.
June 11, 2013 - CBS Boston