downriver : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r away from the source or with the current
- London and New York, by contrast, politely hide their tattooed seafarers' muscle out of sight, downriver or on the Jersey shore.
- It was the second murder of the day, coming after a man was robbed and then shot in the Faubourg Marigny, a nightlife neighborhood downriver from the French Quarter.
- Flood waters that have already ravaged many cities are moving downriver toward the already swollen Mississippi, threatening still more communities.
- Emanuel Steward in Detroit Free Press
I'm just shocked,Steward said. "He was getting his life together. When he was boxing, he had all the Downriver people following him."
- Joe Biden in WOOD-TV
We may be Downriver (Detroit's southern suburbs), but President Bush has us up a river in a canoe without a paddle,Biden said at the outdoor rally.
- Mike Pence in Indianapolis Star
My family and I have been to the covered bridge festival many times,Pence said just before leaving. "When I stood on the banks of the river and saw the remains of the bridge starting to be swept downriver, it was frankly just breathtaking...