downpour : Definition, Usages, News and More
- Umbrellas are supposed to keep the water out, but those $5 throwaway models will soak through in a downpour, and even the best umbrellas drip annoyingly when you bring them indoors .
- In 2000, a giant landfill collapsed during a downpour, killing at least 200 people.
- Her eyes reddened by tear gas and her clothes soaking wet from a heavy downpour, Hamidah Ibrahim, a 23-year-old undergraduate from the northern city of Ipoh, huddled against a shop .
- Benjamin Netanyahu in AFP
It starts by sporadic firings, then turns into a downpour and finishes by a storm,Netanyahu, the leader of the right-wing opposition Likud party, told army radio.
- David Coulthard in Times of India
I think the biggest thing really is if we have a downpour and knowing what it's going to be like in the spray with the light refracting through the water,Red Bull driver David Coulthard told reporters. "We don't know how much it's going to...
- Joe Kines in Bucknuts.com
When asked how his team could slow down the Raiders, A&M defensive coordinator Joe Kines said, "Pray maybe for a torrential downpour. If it rained about 14 inches in the first quarter, that'd probably slow them down a little bit."