doubting : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v consider unlikely or have doubts about
- v lack confidence in or have doubts about
- s marked by or given to doubt
- It has been said that "hope is putting faith to work when doubting would be easier.
- Assistant Secretary of the Navy Ernest Lee Jahncke made trouble for himself by publicly doubting whether the present-day Navy could muster a crew capable of handling a square .
- On Colin Powell and other Republicans doubting Palin: Asks "What's their problem?" Calls her the "most popular governor in America," lists her accomplishments in Alaska.
News & Articles
- Opinion: Freshman given rock-star treatment
There’s no doubting that Andrew Wiggins, the 6-foot-7, freak-of-nature forward, belongs in the company of the biggest rock ’n’ roll stars ever to invade the United States. He’s that fab. By Matt Tait
June 20, 2013 - Lawrence Journal-World
- For our own good?
Doubting the merits of domestic surveillance by Dan Brooks Imagine that I knock on your door and offer to sell you something marvelous. Thanks to my inquisitive mind, I have invented a machine that tells you when something bad is about to happen.… [ Read more ] [ Subscribe to the comments on this story ]
June 20, 2013 - Missoula Independent
- Underdog status still nothing new to Smith, Hoosiers
IU Coach Tracy Smith has dealt with people doubting his team all year.
June 17, 2013 - Indiana Daily Student
- Alex McLeish in The Press Association
McLeish added: "Because of his experience and personality, there can be no doubting this leaves a bit of a void but it is one we will work hard to fill as soon as possible. The new owners of this football club have given me great and ongoing support...
- Rowan Williams in guardian.co.uk
Addressing the congregation, Williams said: "Many people of my generation and younger grew up doubting whether we should ever see another straightforward international conflict, fought by a standing army with conventional weapons. We had begun to...
- Martin Bain in The Press Association
He said: "We were always hopeful that he would agree to play in the 2010/11 campaign and we have now concluded a deal to that effect. It's great news for everyone because there is no doubting his importance to the team and his influence on those...