double-breasted : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a (of clothing) fastened by lapping one edge of the front well over the other usually with a double row of buttons
- A generation ago, the double-breasted suitusually with padded shoulders and large lapelswas the archsymbol of conservatism (it also camouflaged a potbelly).
- Ceccarelli has noticed a slight tweak to the billionaire's image, including a change in his wardrobe to a more casual attire from his standard double-breasted blue suit.
- I imagined him in handcuffs, decked out in his camouflage military attire or in one of his trademark double-breasted suits, his silver plume of well-coiffed hair a reminder of the .
News & Articles
- Carly Rae Jepsen, Model Onslaught at amfAR Gala
The theme for last night's amfAR gala at the Plaza Hotel was "military," complete with a runway show full of camo fabrics and double-breasted jackets. How does attendee Liza Minnelli feel about men in uniform? "Oh, they're so attractive!" The Cut chatted with guests about their most militant personal habits, ... More »
June 14, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Tupac Shakur in MiamiHerald.com
In flashback, Shakur says this: "Y'all come to this conference dressed up in your double-breasted suits, $300 alligator shoes, trying to speak properly when you ain't saying nothing. I don't care if you call yourself a black man, Afro-American,...
- Hardy Amies in Telegraph.co.uk
Too large for narrow pants, too short for a double-breasted jacket,Sir Hardy concluded. "Sinatra's style - it's wrong, wrong, wrong."
- Leonard Bernstein in Newsday
As Bernstein recalled the moment, "So out I strode in my funny double-breasted suit and, polite pattering of applause, and went wildly into the crazy three opening chords of [Schumann's] 'Manfred' [Overture] and it was like a great electric shock."