- a (of clothing) closing with a narrow overlap and fastened with a single row of buttons
a single-breasted jacket
- Because the new single-breasted suits closely resemble those peddled for years to Eastern college students by Brooks Brothers, retailers refer to the new styles as the Ivy League .
- The groom wore a dark blue single-breasted suit, designed by Gordon Henderson, with a white pique vest and pale blue silk tie.
- A stout, red-faced man, dressed in a single-breasted blue jacket, white trousers and shoes, he walked about the sombre halls, holding in his hand a dead cigar butt and a tube of .
News & Articles
- Q&A: Giorgio Armani on Hiring Himself to Model
When Giorgio Armani's latest campaign for his Made to Measure line was unveiled last month, something surprising happened: The loyal unofficial spokesman of Milan Fashion Week opted to appoint himself as the face of his own campaign, looking dapper and cheery in a single-breasted wool suit in a black and white ... More »
Oct. 10, 2013 - New York Magazine