- n the sill of a door; a horizontal piece of wood or stone that forms the bottom of a doorway and offers support when passing through a doorway
- They are clumsy or brutal, lacking the divine spark we surely possess; and rather than being stolen by gypsies, we were left on their doorstep by some superior beings as a test of .
- Josef allegedly told his wife that their daughter had run away to join a cult and had left the babies on the doorstep of the house.
- Dill has the notion that Boo might be lured out if a trail of lemon drops were made to lead away from his doorstep.
News & Articles
- Editorial: Proposal offers Middlebury a way to leapfrog obstacles
Another seismic swift in the Middlebury landscape has landed on the town’s doorstep after several months of study and determination yielded a mutually beneficial and generous response to the town by Middlebury College and that board of trustees.
June 14, 2013 - The Addison County Independent
- Flooding woes frustrate Bay Head residents
BAY HEAD — The heavy flooding that came to Daniel Paulus's doorstep Saturday re-surfaced an old frustration that he hopes the borough can settle soon.
June 13, 2013 - Asbury Park Press
- Judge: Supreme Court sign ban unconstitutional
WASHINGTON (AP) — In a case that could end with the Supreme Court deciding how much free speech to allow on its own doorstep, a federal judge has thrown out a law barring processions and expressive banners on the Supreme Court grounds.
June 12, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- John Henry in Washington Post
We're on Scott Boras's doorstep because he hasn't negotiated with us thus far,Henry said in a conference call with reporters that began just before 1 am yesterday. "We're taking the fight directly to him to try and have a negotiation...
- Barack Obama in Minneapolis Star Tribune
We're at the doorstep of getting this plan through Congress, but the work is not over,Obama said during an appearance at a construction site in nearby Springfield, Va. "When we do, the challenge will shift to administering successfully...