doorway : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the entrance (the space in a wall) through which you enter or leave a room or building; the space that a door can close
he stuck his head in the doorway
- Out of the doorway the bust up bullets rip To the sound of the bailout beat Chorus.
- Spielberg once told me that his master image was the light flooding in through the doorway in Close Encounters, suggesting, simultaneously, a brightness and mystery outside.
- The gray-haired Caruana, 52, is so discreet that the only figure many neighbors have seen in his doorway this year is the plastic Santa Claus he failed to put back in his attic .
News & Articles
- Starbucks' Profit Aroma Is Invigorating
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Twenty-six percent. That's how much higher shares of Starbucks are after my last article about the company, "Starbucks, the Doorway to the World," was published. Expect Starbucks to continue serving fresh mugs of growth, profits and increasing dividends. In the last three years, the dividend payments have more than doubled. Based on the same period's payout ratios and ...
June 19, 2013 - TheStreet.com
- ONLY ON 3 UPDATE: WHA finally gets tree off home
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) -- One day after Vesta Village residents called WWAY about a tree limb that had fallen on a home blocking the doorway, they finally got some results. This morning contractors showed up at the home on Colwell Drive and removed the limb that had been on the home since June 8. The woman who lives there does not want to show her face for fear of reprisal from the Wilmington ...
June 19, 2013 - WWAY 3 Wilmington
- Alabama Gov. George Wallace’s daughter lives in shadow of past
MONTGOMERY, Ala. — For 50 years, Peggy Wallace Kennedy has lived in the shadow cast by her father, Alabama Gov. George C. Wallace, when he stood in a doorway and tried to stop two black students from integrating the University of Alabama.
June 19, 2013 - The Post and Courier
- Herbie Hancock in FOXNews
Joe Zawinul is one of my oldest friends in the music business,Hancock said in a statement released through his publicist. "He was a force as a composer and an amazing conceptualizer. He opened up a doorway between jazz and rock n' roll and...
- Chris Van Allsburg in NBC5.com
I didn't put the characters there with the intention of providing myself a doorway into a sequel opportunity, but I liked the idea of a book that doesn't absolutely end on the last page and invites speculation on the parts of the readers,Van...