doorman : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who guards an entrance
- The doorman wouldnt even look at me, he recalls with a wink.
- His father, a doorman on Manhattan's Upper East Side, reportedly arrived early for every shift and rarely took vacations.
- The apartment she's trying to sell today is in Newport Lofts, a doorman building with a pool, gym and clubhouse on the roof, which, the custodian tells us, haven't been used by .
News & Articles
- Man found dead inside Gold Coast apartment
Chicago Police found a man dead inside his burned, Gold Coast apartment near the 1100 block of North Lake Shore Drive. Officers were called to the building Friday night for a well being check after the doorman reported not seeing …
June 16, 2013 - WGN TV Chicago
- Man found dead in Gold Coast apartment after fire
A man was found dead inside his Gold Coast apartment after the building's doorman called police to check on the man's well being Friday night.
June 15, 2013 - Chicago Tribune
- The Sculptor Backstage
Regan Kimmel, 58, keeps busy bending wire into masterpieces while working as the stage doorman at the Longacre Theater.
June 14, 2013 - New York Times
- Bruce Forsyth in Tivyside Advertiser
Forsyth, who got his big break with Sunday Night at the London Palladium, said: "It's so moving that this is where it started 58 years ago when I walked into this theatre and didn't know a soul and the stage doorman made me feel so much at...
- Maurice Sendak in International Herald Tribune
But President, you're only going to be president for a year more,Sendak said, "you still have time to be a doorman."
- Dominic Chianese in San Francisco Chronicle
My doorman, especially, was shocked,actor Dominic Chianese, who plays Uncle Junior, said on Monday.