gatekeeper : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who controls access to something
there are too many gatekeepers between the field officers and the chief
- n someone who guards an entrance
- A PTI cover story: America's college gatekeeper is changing dramatically.
- Bergdorf Goodman's Linda Fargo is the stylish gatekeeper of America's most luxurious store.
- Thalamus The gatekeeper for the senses, this organ focuses your attention by funneling some sensory data deeper into the brain and stopping other signals in their tracks.
News & Articles
- A team for 35 years, Evangel pair retiring
For 35 years at Evangel University they've worked as a team. Betty Schoolfield, secretary and gatekeeper, in the outer office, and George Crawford, vice president of business and finance, in the inner sanctum.
June 21, 2013 - The Springfield News-Leader
- Moniz taps veteran environmentalist as chief of staff
Kevin Knobloch, president of the Union of Concerned Scientists, to be Moniz gatekeeper.
June 19, 2013 - Washington Post
- Sakio Bika vs. Marco Antonio Periban: Fight Time, Date, Live Stream and TV Info
Sakio "The Scorpion" Bika (31-5-2, 21 KO) is the very definition of a gatekeeper in the super middleweight division. On Saturday night at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., he will refuse or reluctantly allow Marco Antonio Periban (20-0, 13 KO) claim to the WBC 's brand of the 168-pound title. With the injured title holder Andre Ward recently given the "champion emeritus" designation, the ...
June 19, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Frank Sartor in Sydney Morning Herald
Earlier this week, before learning he might be moved, Sartor said: "The key role of the Planning Minister is to be a gatekeeper, like the Minister for the Environment. It's very hard to do that sometimes because some of your colleagues don't share...
- Clayton Cosgrove in Stuff.co.nz
Mr Cosgrove said the REINZ was the "gatekeeper for complaints" and handled most of them in-house and seldom brought them before the Real Estate Agents' Licensing Board, which can already impose more serious penalties. "Basically it is a...
- Greg Abbott in Dallas Morning News
This defendant was the gatekeeper who made the scope of this white-collar crime possible by hiring and enabling the other criminals in the first place,Mr. Abbott said in a statement.