- n any of several games played with small rectangular blocks
- n United States rhythm and blues pianist and singer and composer (born in 1928)
- n a loose hooded cloak worn with a half mask as part of a masquerade costume
- n a mask covering the upper part of the face but with holes for the eyes
- n a small rectangular block used in playing the game of dominoes; the face of each block has two equal areas that can bear 0 to 6 dots
- Viewpoint: The dominoes didn't fall after Vietnam, argues Leslie Gelb, former head of the Council on Foreign Relations, and the same might be true in Iraq.
- World speed records have fallen like dominoes at these Olympic Games (in swimming too, you may have heard), and experts think humans can get faster still.
- Old men, rocking back and forth on tiny stools, shuffled dominoes.
News & Articles
- Some big 'ifs' must be overcome in Kaka-to-Orlando City rumors
While that's a pretty bold statement from Heath, there are more than a few major dominoes that would have to fall in order for this to happen.
June 20, 2013 - Philly.com
- About Town: Town Meeting
How is the upcoming special Town Meeting on the proposed purchase of 48 Norfield Road like a game of dominoes? Let the game begin, and let it have a good outcome. Will the purchase by the town of 48 Norfield Road be the first of many dominos to fall, and will it and they fall in the right direction?
June 20, 2013 - Weston Forum
- Gyula Horn, the man who tore the Iron Curtain, dies at 80
By Sandor Peto BUDAPEST (Reuters) - Gyula Horn, who as Hungary's last communist foreign minister ripped a hole in the Iron Curtain in 1989, has died at the age of 80 after long illness, the government said on Wednesday. His decisions helped trigger off tumultuous months in which European communist regimes collapsed like dominoes, the Berlin Wall was trampled down and Soviet tanks prepared to ...
June 19, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Ernie Grunfeld in Lewiston Sun Journal
We don't know how long the process is going to be, but the dominoes sort of have to fall,Wizards president Ernie Grunfeld said. "The top of the heap is LeBron, and depending on what he does I think will dictate the rest of free agency."
- Michael Redd in Washington Post
Asked what he planned to do on his day off, Michael Redd said: "Sleep, talk to my wife, talk to my son, and just probably play dominoes with Tayshaun Prince."
- Song Min-soon in International Herald Tribune
This is a great danger,Song said. "If that is the case, we would see the nuclear dominoes. That would be a road to disaster."