dolt : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who is not very bright
- Yet if I said I never learned to read, they'd say I was an illiterate dolt.
- In the oft told anecdotes, Leonid Brezhnev was always the dolt, Gorbachev the bumbling reformer, Yeltsin the drunk.
- Chuck Prince at Citi was replaced by Pandit, who is considered a well-meaning dolt by most people.
- Dick Enberg in Salt Lake Tribune
Bird was, as Enberg says it, "a dolt, a funny looking farm kid who had a great game, but you wondered if he knew his middle name."
- Christopher Hitchens in Toronto Star
There has only been one president in the United States who has ever said that he was born again,Hitchens says. "And he's the one who everyone on the Left more and more thinks is wonderful: the moron and dolt Jimmy Carter. He's probably the...