dol : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a unit of pain intensity
- n the federal department responsible for promoting the working conditions of wage earners in the United States; created in 1913
- Consumers and businessmen rushed to borrow, spend and invest, hustling to convert their cash into goods or services before the value of the dol lar declined still further.
- The upheaval, which injured 40 people and did millions of dol lars in damage, was attributed to a mixture of antinuclear and pro-independence sentiments.
- On the Hardy-Wolff-Goodell scale, pain is measured in ten degrees of one "dol" each.
News & Articles
- Dollarama Falls on First Earnings Miss Since IPO
Dollarama Inc. (DOL) , Canada ’s largest dollar-store retailer, plunged the most in almost two years after reporting first-quarter earnings per share that fell short of analysts’ estimates for the first time since it went public.
June 12, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Dollarama announces election of directors
MONTREAL, June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Dollarama Inc. (TSX: DOL) ("Dollarama") announced that the nominees listed in its management proxy circular dated April 19, 2013 were elected as directors ...
June 12, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- DOL commissioner: ‘Competitive work force is critical’
About the state Department of Labor’s new commissioner, Sharon Palmer, one DOL worker said, “She’s not into the ‘commissioner’ thing. She feels we’re all working as a team for Connecticut.”
June 9, 2013 - The Bristol Press
- Tom Harkin in Iowa Independent
I will seek the support and commitment of my brothers in the region to establish a memorandum of understanding for our US DOL registered apprenticeship programs. We must invest in comprehensive talent development programs throughout our region that... Felix Camacho http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felix_Perez_Camacho&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG1abBwFg0zhb798ohM5cm6o4BzNg Saipan Tribune http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.saipantribune.com/newsstory.aspx%3Fcat%3D1%26newsID%3D100783&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGHp2cbVd7PEb5znHT8z6JaIM18-A Jun 23, 2010
29546 38220 dol Some claimants had to wait three years just for the government to rule on their case, and that's unacceptable," Harkin said. "The recommendations the GAO makes in this report will help the DOL be more responsive to affected workers, and I am...