dogsled : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a sled pulled by dogs
- v travel with a dogsled
- An esteemed explorer and environmentalist, Will Steger will make a 1,400-mile dogsled trip across the Arctic next month, at 64.
- The expedition was the first to reach the pole by dogsled since Roald Amundsen beat Robert Scott there 78 years ago.
- In Ilulissat, the ice that once covered much of the sea in the winter and allowed hunting, fishing and travel by dogsled comes no longer.
News & Articles
- Ferret-lovers rejoice! EU drops limits on pet movements
By Ethan Bilby BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Having a hard time getting your dogsled team through the border? European Union lawmakers aim to help. EU member countries broadened a law governing the movement of pets on Monday, removing a limit of five pets per person crossing a border - if owners can prove their animals will take part in a competition, exhibition, or sporting event. ...
June 10, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Amy Poehler in Philadelphia Daily News
I scratched and clawed through mud and barbed wire and you just glided in on a dogsled wearing your pageant sash and your Tina Fey glasses,Poehler said at one point.
- Gary Williams in USA Today
It was amazing,Gary Williams said. "So many people here at Maryland worked to get the parking lots cleared, did all that so people could come in. I talked to some people just briefly. They were coming. If they had to take a dogsled, they...
- Chris Blackwell in PR Newswire (press release)
I knew that I must be involved in SUN DOGS when I first heard about the Dogsled team,said Chris Blackwell, Founder of Palm Pictures. "My love for Jamaica and the spirit of its vibrant people made this film a perfect fit for me. I am very...