dogie : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n motherless calf in a range herd of cattle
- For the last time Billy Hill's cowboy coaxed his steers-into line: Git along, little dogie, git along, git Git along, little dogie, git along.
- He and Chet (Jack Palance) amble vaguely across Southwestern cattle country, swapping hand-rolled cigarettes and saddle-sore lines that would make a dogie bleat in an guish.
- To be more exact, a dogie is a calf whose mama has died and whose papa has run off with another cow.
News & Articles
- Readers Feel...
DUMAS -- It's a tradition that started more than 60-years ago in Dumas, Dogie Days! Right now we are at the third day of the annual celebration, it wraps up tomorrow afternoon.
June 15, 2013 - KAMR Amarillo
- Dogie Days raises thousands of dollars for area organizations
Dumas, Texas - Tens of thousand of dollars is expected to be raised this year for organizations in Moore County. Dogie Days has been a tradition in Dumas for 67 years.
June 14, 2013 - KFDA-TV Amarillo