dogleg : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n angle that resembles the hind leg of a dog
- n a golf hole with a sharp angle in the fairway
- Today's task is a 100-mile dogleg flight to the edge of Death Valley and back to a field near Bishop.
- Fletcher's crusade began over a year ago when the radar operator of a B-29 flying the dogleg "Ptarmigan" track (Alaska to the Pole) reported that he had picked up a strange .
- Rebuilt since the time when, playing a dogleg par four, Jock Hutchinson and big Bob MacDonald each got 2s, the other members of their foursome, 3s.
News & Articles
- Dukes’ “R and R” place in Top 10
News-Times/Ken Kush - On the No. 1 hole, a par five 468 yard dogleg left, York freshman Sam Redfern hits her third shot into the green. She would go on to bogey the hole, missing a 10 foot par putt.
Aug. 31, 2013 - York News-Times
- KJ Choi in International Herald Tribune
I found myself constantly changing my shots, and there was no consistency,Choi said. "But this year, I just learned to play one shot, a fade shot. Just hit it in one direction, whether it's a dogleg left or whether it's a dogleg right....
- JJ Yeley in Motorsport.com
It looked like the 12 (Newman) blew up right about the dogleg, and I'm surprised that NASCAR took so long to throw the caution,Yeley said. "I think if they could have got the caution out quicker, maybe everybody would have slowed down...
- Richard Petty in Scene Daily
I happened to be on the inside lane, and when we got to the dogleg, then we both turn and my car runs three-foot shorter than his, and I wind up winning the race,Petty says.