doghouse : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n outbuilding that serves as a shelter for a dog
- n an idiomatic term for being in disfavor
in the doghouse
- The hero, we sense, is a country boy (the name Duane, and the implication that there is enough vacant acreage behind the doghouse so that stray bullets won't perforate anything .
- New York's Mayor William O'Dwyer, another doghouse tenant in pre-convention days, also had slipped back into the family.
- After five decades in the doghouse, Jerry Lewis collects his gold statue.
News & Articles
- Jonas Jerebko excited about fresh start under new Pistons coach
With every new coach comes change and it’s likely none of the Detroit Pistons welcomes that more than Jonas Jerebko. The veteran forward spent much of last season in former coach Lawrence Frank’s doghouse, getting buried on the bench for long stretches as the Pistons missed the playoffs for the fourth straight season. Now, with Maurice Cheeks [...]
June 15, 2013 - Inside Hoops
- War veteran to get a K-9 service dog
Army veteran Jon Kinnamore, 43, of Lawton, Okla., right, socializes with service dog, Shelby, in the shade of a training area Tuesday at the Pettis County K-9 Academy, a business owned by Brad Jones, east of Sedalia, off state Route TT. In the background is army veteran Chuck Daffron, owner of Daffron Doghouse, a non-profit organization in Warsaw which pairs service dogs with disabled veterans ...
June 14, 2013 - Sedalia Democrat
- Kill ‘cautiously optimistic’ for receiver’s return to Gophers
Suspended for Minnesota’s bowl game, Andre McDonald then missed spring practice and left school for what was only described as “personal reasons.” With the start of summer camp less than two months away, though, the wide receiver appears to be slowly emerging from his coach’s doghouse. Speaking to the St. Paul Pioneer Press Thursday, Jerry…
June 14, 2013 - NBC Sports: CollegeFootballTalk
- Cher in FOXNews
I told him he was in the doghouse,said Cher Taffaro, though she says it was all in fun.
- Joe Paterno in ESPN
Don't look forward to Brandon Ware doing anything this year. He's way overweight. He's cutting classes,Paterno said. "Brandon Ware right now is in my doghouse and I have no plans to use Brandon Ware."
- John Pelphrey in DawgsBite.com
It'sa new day,Pelphrey said. "I typically don't have a doghouse. If you screw up, you'll be punished, but the sun comes up and tomorrow is a new day. If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas."