- n soft leather from deerskin or lambskin
- n a fine smooth soft woolen fabric
- Instead of medals, he carried a well-thumbed Bible; instead of doeskin gloves, a single dress shirt, a plastic wing collar given to him by a friend, a ratty grey Shetland .
- He delights in the clucks and murmurs of the masses when he appears in a rakish wild-leder (doeskin) cloak, fastened at the neck with a single clasp.
- Three years ago a big, leathery-faced gentleman in white flannel trousers, white doeskin shoes, a blue serge coat and stiff straw hat, climbed carefully up to the driver's seat .